Tuesday, May 16, 2006

the downside to being a dumb teenager: LUST

Through the cracked window
the sighs of night air
brush through the shades.
i am alone,
except for the images of you
that stain my mind
like dark red wine on a tablecloth.
you look in my eyes
and you see this filth,
it has formed the bricks of our great wall,
corroded the stones of our grand canyon,
angered the tides of our red sea.
now, looking back,
i am ashamed to admit:
i knew the darkness when it came.
i knew it in the warmth of your hand
as you touched my cheek,
or pressed your lips to my ear
and whispered--
---well...
something you could never mean.
and i, being so empty,
could not bring myself to care.

weeks later,
i have forgotten what drove me to be so childish,
to auction off a friend i valued
for cheap kisses and empty sentiments.
tonight, my heart burns to share with you
my love for the lips that speak wisdom when i'm lost,
the hands that protect me when i'm afraid,
the cheeks that bear my tears
when i am too proud to bear them alone.
and, if i traded these away so quickly,
i would just as soon take them back
--i would take it ALL back.

5 comments:

RothZoo said...

I thought I published something here a minute ago?

RothZoo said...

Well I wrote a big shebang but apperatnly it didnt post.
Well I rambled about two things.
1) you have beautiful eyes.
2) who are these people that read your blog. I can write about many differnt humorous topics, but I was wondering how to attract peopel to benefit from my sense of humor.
Later Leo

Unknown said...

some people think the very sentiment you abhor is the a natural and beautiful feeling. why do we see it so differently?

Anonymous said...

It's natural and beautiful in the right contxt.

beatlesxforxsale said...

amen brotha.