Monday, June 26, 2006

happy

I had a really good weekend.
On Friday I went out to dinner with one of my friends from high school, one who I haven't seen too much yet. That was really fun. It was good just to be able to talk and to be listened to. Usually I am the one doing the listening. Not that I mind that at all: I love listening to people talk. And I don't usually have much to say, anyway. But it was fun. I get the feeling this particular friend has that same problem. So we both talked a lot. And both listened to each other. And by the end I felt like I could say we were both actually caught up on each other's lives. It felt really good.
On Saturday I got up early and went hiking with my mom, Matt and Jade, Brian and Russ. It was a lot of fun. The view was beautiful and I don't really get to hang out with Jade as much as I'd like to. So it was fun talking to her on the way up.
That night I hung out with my friend Brianna for a bit. I wanted to go swimming but she wanted to go out for ice cream. So we got ice cream.
Then I went for a long walk with my brother. He is another person who is in the position to listen to me talk. Sometimes for hours. So we walked around for miles and talked about all of our plans for school and the future and so on. It is good to hear him talk. He is very much a verbal processor and even though he thinks a lot on his own, he goes in circles in his own head. Once he is talking he usually reaches a conclusion pretty easily. All he needs is a little feedback. It's kinda cool being part of the process sometimes.
Needless to say, with all that activity on Saturday, I was pretty tired and sore the next day...
On Sunday I watched Elizabethtown with Becky and Brianna. It's not the best movie ever, but something about it just makes me smile. Probably the elaborate music map. Becky and I are the type of people who would actually do something that elaborate in real life. As it turns out, Becky and I are surprisingly similar. I am learning this more and more. And I like it.
Then to Ethnos.
Then after Ethnos I went to the Ketahs' with Todd and the Mulkeys. That was fun too. Since I was at the end of a really social weekend I didn't feel much like talking, but I got to listen to some good conversation. I really like ethnos and I like that we all hang out like that. I also haven't been able to go to the Ketahs' community group for a long time, so I've missed spending time with them.

Usually all that social activity would have me totally exhausted, but it felt really good. I feel pretty relaxed. I have been much happier lately, which probably has a lot to do with it. It is good feeling like things are going well. FINALLY. Yay!

Anyway, I didn't get any exercise yesterday so I need to go running... woohoo... my legs are still kinda sore from Saturday.

1 comment:

Paulos said...

That's cool, I went to noodlin with Wolvertons, Matt & Jade, and Nate it was fun, we talked about meat and hunting and not eating / killing animals.