Friday, June 16, 2006

On wednesday I went and had dinner with my family- Aunt Melinda, Uncle Rich, Connor, Aidan, Hannah, and Owen (no, his name is not Owen Owen, his name is Owen Lewis). They are just here on break from missions in Afghanistan. I have not seen them in several years. Since the summer of my freshman year. So I guess it's been about 4 years now.
The funny thing is how we can pick up right where we left off like nothing has changed or there is no huge cultural shift for them in coming here. They are so laid back it blows my mind. My cousin Connor just graduated from boarding school in India, and a day after the ceremony hopped a plane to come back here, and he was sitting across the table from me joking about the hip-hop culture and that freaking awful "Booty Booty" song.
Ahhhhh I love these people. Of course, we share the same sense of humor, same interests, but also the same passions (missions, the gospel, travel). jajhjfjsdf.... No, I can't even find words to describe how happy I am that they are here.
Also, my uncle Rich is a trained optometrist and he practices in Kabul, so I asked him about degrees in medical science and what his recommendations were for me. He told me it was okay to continue with my current degree, as long as I was sure to keep my grades up and fulfill the undergraduate requirements for medical school. Which I'm looking into. That means taking extra classes, maybe at PSU, in biology and chemistry, etc. So I'm weighing my options there.
He also assured me that coming to med school with a different background (film instead of bio or chem) is actually encouraged in some cases... they want well-rounded individuals who will use their degrees in different areas.
So maybe there are some options for me?

I am FREAKING OUT about my grades from last term. I want them now-ish. How long do I have to wait?

1 comment:

Paulos said...

I think owen is a really cool name, I want to name something owen :)