Thursday, June 29, 2006

an update on our family situation

i can't sleep. my head is killing me. excuse the spelling and punctuation errors i am sure i will make. i dont feel much like rereading or editing.

last night my brother tried to kill himself. by some miracle god intervened and he was unsucessful. he is in stable condition (physically) right now and in the psych ward at Portland Adventist hospital. we don't know how long he will be there. for the moment that's all the information we are giving out. i thought it might be easier to post it and let it spread by word of mouth. i was fielding phone calls and texts all day and still did not talk to everyone that i should have. i am sorry if that means you, but it has been a crazy 24+ hours and i don't really know what i should be doing.

pray for the family. mostly we are just in shock. my parents are very upset but holding it together. my sister has not been talking much and i think she is afraid of visiting the hospital. no one has been able to sleep or eat well. just as i sit and type this i realize i have not stopped moving all day. i am afraid to be alone.

thanks to everyone who have been praying already. your prayers have already been answered and will continue to be answered. don't stop calling and texting. i may not be able to answer everyone but it is good to have something to do, and to have the encouragement from people.

I cant really post any more tonight. probably i have said too much already but i need something productive to do.
i feel sick to my stomach.
please pray for everyone.
pray that they will transfer my brother to another floor or to a hospital closer to our house.

i cant type anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn. What in the world is going on? Life is bitch slapping so many of us.

I'm very sorry to hear this. To be honest, I tried praying for all of you, but I don't really have words that seem adequate. I asked God to meet your needs, that he would be strong and real, and that he would give Dan healing.

Please call Jade or I if there is anything at all that we can do for you or your family. We are available to help out with anything.

I think God really wants me to pray, for your family, for the Mulkey's, and for others in our church. I will continue to pray throughout the day and the week. If possible, please continue to give us updates as to how the situation is progressing.