Wednesday, October 11, 2006

9 things that can make you dumber:

Some of these you may know; others you may not. This is a list of 9 things that can lower your IQ, either temporarily or permanently:

1) You weighed less than 5.5 lbs at birth (3 points)
2) Expose to secondhand smoke (4 points)
3) Smoking pot (4 points)
4) Sleep deprivation (5 points)
5) You left high school before your junior year (6 points)
6) You cried constantly as a baby (9 points)
7) Your pregnant mother took aspirin several times a week (10 points)
8) You constantly use IM or your BlackBerry (10 points)
9) You were born into poverty (14 points)

I am guilty of 4,6, and 8, which adds up to... a lot of points. If I had all those points, maybe I could be a genius (I don't know that for sure; the IQ points I lost were the ones that would have enabled me to do basic addition). Oh, the things that could have been.
And how ironic that text messaging actually makes you just as dumb as smoking pot AND dropping out of high school COMBINED. Terry, I'm sure you will get a kick out of that.

I am going to add as #10 blows to the head, because I am now significantly dumber than I was yesterday.

**The information in this post was collected by WIRED magazine, which is almost as true as the Bible, with exception to the article they recently published entitled "10 Reasons Keanu Rules".

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i loved that keanu article! i never knew he was so kick arse.

as for IQ stuff...

youre saying if i wasnt exposed to #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9, i would be a regular polymath right now? i could have ruled the world?
i agree.

Linger said...

Terry, the only thing you would have mastered is the "Jump to Conclusions mat."

_______________________


P.S. I thought I'd throw in the UD definition for Ciara's benefit (with the bump on the noggin' and all).

Anonymous said...

The frogs will be watching you while you sleep tonight... slowly entering your room, one hop at a time!!!


(Ribit)




Muahahahaha

beatlesxforxsale said...

bitch!

Angie said...

Jade may have something there. Wes told me last night that he thought it was the frogs that pushed the jar off the shelf.

just a guy said...

Granted, I'm a sucker for lists, but I really like that one...as it gives me a reasonably defensible license for most of the stupid stuff I've done. We're all looking for the Golden Excuse, the Grand Ticket to Non-Indictment, and this list could be a good start. It's definitely easier than owning up!

As for the Keanu thing--it would take a lot for me to bestow the term 'kick arse' upon Mr. Anderson. What am I missing?

Thanks for the contemplation, Beatlesxforxsale. Especially, for the thoughts on the painting. (earlier blog of yours).

May you find change between your couch cushions-
Just A Guy
www.justaguyonthewebsite.blogspot.com/