Monday, October 02, 2006

I got so much done!

Today was such a productive day!
It feels good to bump a few things off my to-do list.

Also-- School starts on Wednesday.
I got a letter in the mail today from the Dean, and it informed me I am in fact working toward a BS and NOT a BFA. I am pleased; I never wanted a BFA. I think for my particular field of interest a BS will get me much further.
Ahhh... I love science.

P.S.
(I know everyone is going to laugh at me or roll their eyes and go "This girl has problems." But I have to write about this.)
Today as I was working in the office I noticed there was some gross ball of fuzz on the floor. Although there was absolutely no reason to think it, I had the fleeting worry, "what if that's a dried frog?" (I have thoughts like this because I am crazy. I cannot prevent them, but I try to ignore them when they come up.)
So, instead of indulging my fears, I continued on with what I was doing at that particular moment, and when I was finished, leaned over to throw away the fuzz.
But in that moment my worst fears were realized, as it was in fact a dried-up frog lying on its back. Don't worry, I didn't touch it. I gasped and ran out of the room, went and found my brother, and asked him to take care of it for me. I couldn't go back into the office until I knew it was gone.
Even after that I was grossed out, and as I sit here I can't help but wonder if there are other frogs in this room.
Perhaps this was the frog that tormented me last week when I was trying to do my Bible study? If so, I am pleased that nature got its sweet revenge.

...I think I need therapy.

6 comments:

Ashby said...

i have never met someone who runs into as many frogs as you do. unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, not only do you not like frogs, but you consistently interact with them. That's great.

Anonymous said...

it's like me and birds...

Laura Anne said...

Did you encounter trauma when you were little? Say when your parents read you the story of Moses about the plagues??

Just a thought. :)

beatlesxforxsale said...

no, but one time when i was about six our house got infested with baby mutant frogs (they were five-legged), and i found them dried up in the corners and around the vents for weeks afterward.

Angie said...

I do believe that episod fits the definition of "trauma." Please do not ever enter my bedroom. I do not want to add to your frog traumas. I have a new picture on the wall, I took it last summer at the oregon gardens.