Monday, October 02, 2006

Let me be the first to personally welcome you into the month of Auctiontober. I would have done so yesterday, but I was not feeling up to the challenge.
This is how Auctiontober goes: everyone is stressed. When I say "everyone" I primarily mean my friends on the Sacred Space Team, all of whom are to the point of pulling out their hair and having spontaneous meltdowns. However, I assume this trend will prove itself for the rest of the church and our friends outside the church as well.
Why is October such a busy month? I don't know. All I know is, day #2 and I'm already wishing it were over. I don't even have an auction like Ashby does, a GIANT presentation like Doug does, two conferences to lead like the Paul Ramey Band does, etc.
I'm a little frustrated with myself because I expected to have found a job right now, and I'm so busy with other things that I haven't even gotten myself together enough to really start looking.
(Okay... Mike Thibedeaux just called me TWICE in the time it took me to type that last paragraph. And right after that he paged me his number. And he left two messages. I don't really have anything to say to him and I know if I answer my phone I will be caught up in a conversation that lasts, like, 45 minutes (at the least). I told him to wait until Tuesday for the video stuff he asked me for and I'm betting he wants to "check in" on that again...)
Ugh.
The point is, welcome to October. Everyone is really stressed, so please pray for us all. Pray that October will end really really soon.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blissful land of working with Mike T. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Seriously. Have fun!

Dave Ketah said...

I have no idea who this person is that you speak of, and I'm glad.

Sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed!