Friday, October 06, 2006

Quake--Teamwork--My little sister

Okay, so the last few days have been a crazy whirlwind of activity trying to get everything together for Quake. I think there was a lot more work there than I had initially realized. Maybe if I could go back in time I would change things so it didn't require that magnitude of work.
The thing is, we are supposed to be going up and training another sacred space team. I want to show them the best that the Ethnos Sacred Space team can do. I take pride in our work and am passionnate about the way we serve in the church. I also love every member of our team. If we can relate that sense of team and worship to another group of people, and share that with them, that will be awesome. I am excited for that opportunity.
Still, even for that, this was a TON of work. What makes it harder is that everyone was so busy around this time. With your friends (with a true team) you are more willing to pick up where other people leave off, to cut people slack, to take on more than your share here and there because you care about the people you are working with. And you don't want them to be overstressed. If I didn't care about the team at Ethnos I don't think I would have put so much work into this conference.
Guys, if you're reading this, consider it a labor of love.

I wasn't last night, but when I woke up this morning I was excited. I feel like we have a great opportunity here. My sister is riding up with me to attend this conference, and I am stoked for that. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with her, and getting her better introduced to the team. She is going to help us set up and everything. I think this is important for her because I feel like she could really be serving and getting involved if responsibility was given to her. She is a lot like me, and could take on most of the ministry responsibilities I have at Ethnos. I think it would be awesome if she could get more involved there. She would really love helping out with something like sacred space. She is a VERY talented artist (MUCH more so than I was at her age). But shy. Like me.
Also, I know how conferences like this can impact middle school and high school kids. I am praying for something like that with my sister.

Okay. I should go take a shower and pack up the car... that's all I have to say right now. Pray for everyone this weekend!

1 comment:

Ashby said...

Kid,
I don't know about anyone else, but I am VERY appreciative of the fact that you carried most of this load yourself. It does not go unnoticed, and I appreciate that you did it especially because you understood WHY. It wasn't that we didn't care or didn't know what was going on...it was awesome that you could create these prayer stations by yourself. And we appreciate it. : )