Sunday, October 15, 2006

weird al/seattle/how NOT to flirt:



Okay. I will post something.
I spent the weekend in Seattle visiting Kess and Kristin at SPU. It was a very college-y weekend. It was a little surreal being in an actual college environment since Ai is anything but. There were people my age! In fact, pretty much everyone in that part of town was my age. Crazy. Except for Jade, I have not seen another 19-year-old in months.

Um. This term I am taking art history from gothic to neoclassism. So far it is amazing. Yet another subject I could easily major in, if I had a million lifetimes in which I could major in every possible field. I love it. So far we have studied a lot of Christian art and architecture (due to the Crusades which coincided with the Gothic period, most surviving artwork was Christian). It is sad that we are missing similar pieces from other faiths. How dumb.

Also. There is a ridiculously hot guy in this class. I noticed him the first day of class, which happened to be the day I was sick and decided not to wear makeup or brush my hair. I was wearing jeans and this giant Red Sox jacket I got from Kristin, and I looked like poo... anyway, I ALWAYS get comments about this jacket and I am not a fan at all. I don't really know anything about baseball. I didn't even know it was a red sox jacket until the red sox were in the world series my senior year, and someone pointed it out to me.
Anyway. I was wearing this jacket and was walking by the hot guy in the hallway during our break. He smiled at me (gorgeous smile by the way) and said, "So, are you from Mass?"
I was feeling a mixture of excitement at the fact that he was talking to me and confusion because I had no idea what he was saying. I smiled back my cutest possible I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about smile, and asked, "What?"
He repeated the question. I was frantically trying to think of what this sentence could possibly mean. For some reason it occured to me he must have been thinking he knew me from somewhere else. So what did I say?
"Oh... no. I'm not even Catholic."
...Boy did I feel retarded when he started laughing at me. "No, I meant, are you from Massachusetts? I'm from Boston."
I managed to shake my head and blush all the way to my ears before hurrying away in embarrassment. Man, I am so smooth.

(Later that same day, my friend Louis asked me what I wanted to do when I graduated, and I said "become an independent doctormentarian.")

I guess people will have to take my word for it that I'm smart, because I certainly have a hard time showing it.





P.S. Angie, you are probably right about the frogs orchestrating the jar incident. I would not be surprised in the slighest. I will have you know I had two very close (and very horrifying) encounters with large frogs this afternoon. The rainy seasons are the worst for frogs because them jump out of their little holes when they flood, and come up on the sidewalk (and into your houses). Watch out for them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAha, no way did you actually say that, oh my goodness Ciara. Oh how great is that, I laughed out loud when I read that and scared the crap out of my sleeping dog, :). Oh Ciara...

Paulos said...

Fun :D

Laura Anne said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud, Ciara! I seriously just had this picture of your face in my head that you made when you were all confused.
Smooooooth!!! :)
I bet you'll get another opportunity to show him just how unbelievably smart you are. ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Can I just tell you that I was work when I read this story. LOL!!!! Seriously, had to share the story. Didn’t use any names in case you ever meet these people – but I just wanted to know that you made me laugh today.

Unknown said...

im sure youre too smart for that guy anyway...

or something.

beatlesxforxsale said...

hahaha... thanks, i feel much better now