Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Most ridiculous drink order I saw yesterday: (this was the Starbucks code on the side of the cup)
DECAF
4.5 P V
NON
NF
XW
PSL
WR

Which, if you're wondering, is a grande decaf, 4 and a half pump vanilla nonfat no foam, extra whip pumkin spice latte, with room for condiments.
Dallas let me call out the order but when I put it out on the bar it took two of them to coach me through it because it was so complicated. Not sure if I remember it all the way (I'm surprised the customer even knows this stuff. Holy crap) but if it wasn't this it was something equally crazy.

I got to make a Frappucino yesterday. It was fun. And easy. So far that is the only thing I really know how to do, because I don't even know how to make regular coffee. I think they let me do it because it's almost impossible to screw it up. The only thing you can do wrong is not put the lid on tightly enough, and make a mess. (Which I did, once.)

6 comments:

Ashby said...

First of all, vanilla pumpkin spice? Without fat? What is the point?

Second of all, here is what my mom ordered at Starbucks yesterday:
Tall
One and a half shots
One pump
Half skim (?)
Extra whip
Extra hot
White chocolate mocha

LeAnna said...

worst order I ever got was a:
½ d
5
v
1 P TH
2 P H
2 P M
195'
R
A

which is ½ decaf 5 shot venti 1 pump toffy nut 2 pump hazel nut 2 pump mocha 190' with room american, which sucks because then we have to steam the hot water. after I made it I made one for myself to try it out and it was the worst thing I had ever tasted. ps the job will get a lot easer in about 2 weeks.........good luck

Ashby said...

Leanna, I seriously just shuddered from head to toe reading that.

Paulos said...

BTW, I think when I post from home on firefox it shows as 'paul' but everywhere else it is paulos. Anyway,

wiseman sayith: Starbucks drink length = ammount of jerkness of that person

EX: not jerk: Grande perperment latte
Jerk: Grande perperment latte with extra wip cream triple shot and a cherry on top off of ronald mc donalds head nothing but net.

beatlesxforxsale said...

Haha. Thanks for the encouragement, leanna. I learned how to do the register today and my head almost exploded. It's good to know it will get easier... :)

Jeremy Abbott said...

Ciara, It's great to have you at the store. You are gonna have a lot a fun and learn a lot about James 1:19, quick to listen, slow to speak and may I say VERY SLOW TO ANGER. hehe. Good times :)