Friday, August 18, 2006

It doesn't add up...

So I've been having stomach troubles lately. I can't eat much because every time I do I get nauseous. This isn't really a new thing, but it has gotten significantly worse in the past month or so, to the point that now I'm eating only a couple cups of food a day, and feeling nauseous almost all of the time. (I should clarify that this has not been intentional, I don't have an eating disorder or anything.) The past two weeks or so have been the worst.
So I went to the doctor, and he weighed me, and he said I'd lost 20 lbs since my last visit, and was very troubled and annoyed. But that doesn't make sense. I mean yeah I've gotten thinner, but not significantly thinner. Not to the point where it's even noticeable. And 20lbs is a good deal of weight.
If I were to lose that much weight I would notice. I'm still not anywhere close to being thin, or ideal weight, or whatever. I'd say I'd have a good ten or fifteen pounds to go if I actually wanted to be skinny. Add 20 lbs to that, and that puts me well over 30 lbs overweight before. Isn't that technically classified as obese? I've always been a little chubby, sometimes a lot chubby, but I've never actually been fat, and definitely not obese. I don't think. Maybe I am in denial, I don't know.
It just doesn't seem right. If I lost 20 lbs where did it come from, and where did it go? I pretty much feel the same.
Although one thing to my doctor's credit... I did drop a couple dress sizes since december. I think maybe 3. Right now I'm a size 5/6. Before I was 8/9. I have been bigger than that before I think, but I don't remember.
It just doesn't add up. I feel like I was fat before and didn't realize.
Or maybe his scale is broken... ;)

4 comments:

Jenn Sanders said...

You can tell a difference... okay, maybe you can't, but I can. You look good, don't get me wrong - no you look great. But there's a difference.
One that I've always noticed is about every 7-10 pounds lost is a size. So, If you're down a couple sizes, there ya go...

beatlesxforxsale said...

thanks Jenn. I'm worried people are going to think I have an eating disorder... like, see that I'm not eating, and that I'm losing weight, and think, "oh she must be anorexic or something"...
I think I'm just a little paranoid.

I miss hanging out with you... =(

Anonymous said...

I think you look great too Ciara. I was going to ask you about it last time I saw you, but I didn't get a chance to. (And I always feel a little akward asking someone if they have lost weight; I guess I could just skip that part and tell the person they look great!)

Unknown said...

A possibility, Ciara... nearly a year ago I went through an extremely stressful time in my life (school issues) which greatly affected my appetite and nausea levels. I would have to force myself to eat at least one balanced meal a day, which often made me feel gross. I am still trying to gain back some of the weight that I lost. How do you effectively release stress during this difficult year? Well being is more important than clothing size.