Monday, August 14, 2006

Todd

So today was Todd's last day. I cried. (Yeah... I'm a big baby. But it's hard and I'm really going to miss him.) It is not fun watching my friends go away to college. This one is especially hard for some reason. I think because I have doubts about whether or not we will actually keep in touch.
This whole last year has been a lovely reality check in that department for all of my high school friends. A lot of them I have lost touch with completely in the course of the past year. I wouldn't care much, except some of these people were very, very important to me. People who I loved a lot. And now they are just gone and moved on with their lives.
I know this is part of growing up, but I still really hate it. It's painful, especially when you're never the one leaving and always the one being left behind. I know staying here is the right choice for me, and that going away to school is bittersweet for everyone. I didn't choose to stay here because I thought it would be easy or fun. It was out of obedience and because I really want my degree more than anything else. But still, socially, it freaking sucks.
Becky and Brianna are leaving in about a week and a half. Kristin is leaving pretty soon too. I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to any of them either. It is a little easier with the girls, since I know for sure that our friendships are not going to change (or end). But I still hate watching them go....
It's just been a hard week, and I have a lot on my mind (and heart), I'm having trouble sleeping, and I figured I would write for a while...

5 comments:

Jenn Sanders said...

I'm sorry Hun... it is hard. That's all I have to say... chin up! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a hard one to swallow. I still miss Nick and Nick a lot. I rarely get to see them, and when I do it's a ton of fun, but then it's hard to leave. The same was/is true of my friends at Fox. I don't know what else you're supposed to do but just accept it, move on, and greatly enjoy all the times you do actually get to hang out.

If your friends know Christ, then this is all of course very temporary. We'll all be having a huge party soon anyways.

Unknown said...

One good thing about potentially "losing" friends to distance/college/ life steps is the internet. Instant Messenger, MySpace and personal websites are great modern tools to keep in touch in spite of lives changing!

Also, I recently posted on my blog about a lost friend and Ashby randomly got her phone number for me... which means, small world! Even if you totally lose friends there is still a chance of a future connection!

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »