Monday, August 07, 2006

So... it's official! I'm taking "summer vacation" after all...
Starting Sept. 15th I am taking a term off from the Ai to work and do some traveling. I had been planning this for a while (originally I wanted to spend a couple months in Ireland) but my plans got interrupted by everything that happened with my brother. I didn't think it was a good idea to leave my family (especially my mom) when things were so rocky, so I postponed taking a break.
Lately, though, things have been going well enough that I can probably get away for a while. So I'm taking time off from September to January (the fall term) to work. And I'm actually pretty excited about it. Originally I was thinking of doing some waitressing or something, but I have plenty of friends from Ai who are working in design jobs while they're in school. So maybe I will try and go somewhere I can utilize my skills. My dad is friends with the CEO of Dark Horse Comics over in Milwaukie and he wants me to work there, which might be cool. There is also a news station by my house that I want to work for. That is more within my skill set, and it would be cool to get some experience doing doc/news type work. Especially considering that is what I want to be doing eventually. But I don't know yet. I have a few weeks before I can really start applying for jobs anyway... so I'm just brainstorming.
Also, my parents bought me a plane ticket for my birthday. So I really will be traveling after all, but not to Ireland.

Anyway... I'm done writing for now.

5 comments:

Angie said...

One way or two?

Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Does your term end on the 15th? PLEASE come stay with me in Seattle for a few days! I don't start school until the 24th and I'm moving up the 9th of Sept.

Anonymous said...

Dang. Your dad knows Darkhorse's CEO. I have a connection. Maybe if I could freaking draw, that would be worth something.

Man. That's awesome/blows.

Unknown said...

nepotism is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »