Thursday, August 03, 2006

the weekend

I feel very guilty about this.
So my family is going to the beach for a week or so starting in a couple days here. They wanted me to come with them but my schedule is such that I can never really get away for more than a day at a time. Plus I don't want to. My family has been so high-stress lately that it's difficult to relax around them, and what I really want is some peace and quiet for a week or so.
Part of the reason they are making such a big deal about it is because they'll be gone for my birthday and we probably won't get a chance to celebrate it. At first that bothered me a little, but it happens almost every year that either we are on vacation or my parents have gone away or something. It's really not the end of the world. It's certainly not a big enough deal that I want to make the loooong drive all the way to the beach and back (alone) on my day off from school or on my birthday.
Anyway, point being they are forcing me to come down on Saturday after class (which means I probably won't end up leaving Portland until 2 or 3 in the afternoon), stay the night, have breakfast there, and then hurry back so I can go to church in the afternoon and school the next day.
It does not sound even slightly appealing to me, so I am pretty bummed. On top of that, I feel guilty for not wanting to spend time with them...

I also have a sore throat, which explains the gratuitous posting, cause I don't really feel like doing much of anything but I had a hard time sleeping last night. Anyway I am going fishing this afternoon. Or that's the plan anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do not need to fill guilty about this.

Anonymous said...

I MEAN FEEL. DANGIT.

Paulos said...

I generally don't do anything for my birthday anymore it sorta happens as you get older.

Anonymous said...

What a great site continue taking prozac van wheelchair and patient lifts