Saturday, August 12, 2006

oh, also:

I have failed to mention this is also the week of midterms. Which has made for a pretty interesting week so far. I have a huge project due in a few hours and I am taking a break from putting it together. (It is for my storyboarding class. The following post is completely unrelated)
Let me just say that this graphics class has given me a new respect for all animation/game design people in this world. I knew their jobs were difficult, but after playing around in Illustrator I simply cannot fathom working in something like Maya. You know how I menioned before I am making a picture of grace kelly? She is coming along at a breakneck pace.

If by breakneck you mean I want to break my own neck every time I think about it.

I have so little done on this project that it seems impossible to have it finished by Monday. And that isn't for lack of effort. I blame the complexity of vector-based software and my own perfectionism. However I desperately need an A on this project due to the fact that I have absolutely no photoshop skills. I am hoping to make up for my lack of understanding in raster graphics with this.
However I will say that I am quite proud of this eye. It took me nearly an hour, and it looks pretty. It still needs eyelashes but let me tell you-- that will be the first thing to go if I run out of time.

Okay... in case somebody who reads this knows about the software I'm talking about... yes, I'm a liar. It actually isn't complex at all. I'm just a big baby.

2 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Sissy. Liar. Hack.

Okay, I don't mean those things.

Nice work!

Angie said...

Learning a new program is hard work. Your eye looks amazing. A+, Girlie.