Thursday, August 17, 2006

rant

I absolutely hate dating.
I don't see the point in playing hard to get or being a tease. It doesn't make any sense at all to me. I think it is dumb, immature and a waste of time and energy. It just seems like people are more interested in the chase and the challenge than the actual person they are pursuing. Then when they get what they want they realize this person is nothing like what they expected.
It is so freaking counterintuitive that it makes me crazy. But if you don't play along, you don't really stand a chance.
The thing is, I refuse to be insincere with people. Clearly I have the intelligence to play the game if I really wanted to. I could manipulate the hell out of everyone if I made that my goal.
But what is the purpose? To make your opponent fall in love with a character that doesn't exist?

I just wish people would grow up and be honest with each other. Show some freaking integrity/sincerity.

That's all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

its all chemicals anyway!

beatlesxforxsale said...

Terry, A truer word has never been spoken.
So when are we all gonna hang out again? I'm thinking you, Jenn, Matt, Jade, me and maybe... your hot cousin??
hahaha... oh man I'm funny.

Paulos said...

Strange, I saw his cousin, he didn't strike me as hot...

Unknown said...

this is one of the aspects of life that evolutionary thought seems to answer much more satisfactorily than do any of the other explanations i have heard as of yet. it IS a big chase, and pursuing is almost as important as the actual (use sex euphemism here) itself.

Unknown said...

What is your definition of dating? I guess if you want to get married someday there is either dating, courtship or a "family arrangement." Each has strengths and weaknesses and the extremes are horrible. What about "dating with the intention to determine as a potential marriage partner" which sounds more like courtship.

The middleground between friendship and marriage is a necessary hassle.