Saturday, September 23, 2006

ACSS, for your enjoyment

Since no one responded in the positive (except for you, Terry) I can only assume you don't know what I'm talking about (or that you don't read my blog, or that you don't like them and don't want to crush me... two possibilities that I will ignore).
So here are a couple Afro Celt videos. They mix African and Celtic sounds (thus the name). WHICH in my opinion is genius, because I love both, and they make a really cool sounding mix.
So here are two videos... the first is featuring Peter Gabriel, the second Sinead O'Connor (who I love!!!!!!)





My favorite part of all Irish music is the bodhran. It is a traditional Irish drum that I think has the coolest sound ever. We have one and when I went through my drum phase I used to play it a lot... the end result being that it is now broken and unplayable.
Maybe I should just buy a new one. Bodhrans are way cool in my opinion. There is a guy playing one in the second video and he is a total BAMF. Like how I could be, if only I had a sweet bodhran....
If only...

No comments: