Friday, September 29, 2006

I found this Napolean Dynamite review on the rotten tomatoes website:
"In a way, I find this movie similar to Lost in Translation. It's totally boring with zero purpose, zero message and yet, a segment of those who did like it point at those of us who didn't and say, "oh you're just to shallow to get it." Well yeah, you're right. I DON'T get boring movies. Maybe only dull people can relate to dull movies."

Haha... I actually don't mean to offend anyone who liked these movies, but they were both the epitome of boringness to me, so I find this review very amusing...

School for Scoundrels has gotten really bad reviews. I am disappointed; I wanted it to be funny.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

add me on your facebook or i willk think you don't cherish our familial ties!!!

Ashby said...

haha. I 'ish' like Nap Dynamite, and I REALLY like Lost in Trans, and I don't think they are the same 'types' of movies at all.

In my experience, people who have travelled like Lost in Trans more. I think it's funny because I can sympathise with Bill Murray; not with the despondant and discontentness, but with the 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!'ness.

Not that people who travel 'can't' get it or that ALL people who travel DO get it...but...yeah.

: )

Unknown said...

I watched "Lost in Translation" at the theater with a Japanese foreign exchange student. I had to keep asking him what was going on! ha. The movie was enjoyable from a cultural aspect because (as Ashby said) it immersed the viewer in the confusing nature of a language barrier.

Dave Ketah said...

No comment. Ha, get it?

Unknown said...

i agree w/ashby. lost in transaltion was really good, and its apparent boringness helped its point.

napoleon dynamite on the other hand...

pure filth (in a moral sense of the word)

Anonymous said...

Napolean sucked. Hardcore.