Friday, September 29, 2006

rough draft

Haha. Thank you all for your photoshop advice/sympathy! When I tried it again this morning it worked perfectly (I think in my sleepiness I may have been forgetting to hold down the control key to trim my path). Jenn, good advice though on the magic wand tool. I didn't think of that, and it would have been REALLY easy to do it that way.
Anyway:



This is the first draft of the layout for our new (ETHNOS-ized) Basic Discipleship studies. We are starting each section off with a story from someone in the community, thus the photo and parchment graphic. The rest is pretty basic and just filler for right now until I build more graphics. I want to create some sort of watermark for the pages, but I haven't gotten to doing that yet... (I threw in a celtic knot graphic in the basic idea of what I want to do, but hopefully it's a lot cooler than that).
When it's printed we'll probably print it on recycled paper so it will have a creamy-looking background instead of white.
Oh, and don't bother trying to read the text... it's just filler and it's all in latin anyway.

No comments: